Reproducible reporting with RMarkdown
- Open to
- Government analysts
- Training category
- Analytical, Data science
- Type of training
- 2 hours
- Office for National Statistics
- Data Science Campus
An introduction to using R Markdown documents to produce reproducible reports, including:
- embedding executable code and data into reports
- YAML headers and theme options
- use of parameters
- overview of markdown syntax
- code chunks and chunk options
- use of the rmarkdown::render() function to programmatically generate reports
The course is aimed at intermediate level programmers who would like to prepare their code for collaboration and improve their efficiency in producing report outputs.
- have some familiarity with R
- be interested in creating reproducible reports
- aspire to be a reproducibility wizard!
By the end of the session you will know:
- the basics of markdown syntax and how to create code chunks
- how to build a fully reproducible report combining code and text using Rmarkdown.
- how to use parameters to add flexibility to reports in Rmarkdown.
- how to use rmarkdown::render() to render/knit at command line.
How to book
Please use your Learning Hub account to enrol on this course. If you do not have a Learning Hub account, please contact Data.Science.Campus.Faculty@ons.gov.uk.
If you would like more information about this course, please email Data.Science.Campus.Faculty@ons.gov.uk.