Access to and use of the AF site (https://analysisfunction.civilservice.gov.uk) is provided by the National Statistician’s Office (‘Us’/’We’) subject to the following terms:
- By using this site you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately. If you do not agree to be bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use this site.
- We may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by us. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
1. Using this site
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, and the transmission of obscene, or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
3. Links to and from the Analysis Function website
We welcome and encourage other websites to link to this website.
You must contact us for permission if you want to either:
- charge your website’s users to click on a link to any page on this website
- say your website is associated with or endorsed by the ONS
This website links to websites that are managed by other organisations. We do not have any control over or endorse the content on these websites.
We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
We are not responsible for:
- the content of any linked site
- the protection of any information you give to these websites
- any loss or damage that may come from your use of these websites or any other websites they link to
You agree to release us from any claims or disputes that may come from using these websites. You should read all terms and conditions, privacy policies, and end user licences that relate to these websites before you use them.
4. Changes to format, content and operation of the website
We may change the format and content of this website at any time or suspend its operation for support or maintenance work, in order to update the content or for any other reason.
Please be aware that the AF site is not hosted in a GSi environment. Content protectively marked as “Restricted” or higher should not be shared on the AF site. Also, like all other government systems, information on this website may be subject to Freedom of Information Act requests.
In some cases content such as information, data, text, software, photographs, graphics or any other material may be out of date.
Content is for information only. You are solely responsible for any decisions you take based on the content.
Images used as part of this websites content are copyright. You do not have permission to save or use any of the images published on this website outside of their intended use. Doing so will result in breach of copyright.
The National Statistician’s Office is a part of the UK Statistics Authority. As such the information produced on this website is subject to Crown copyright, which is administered by His Majesty’s Stationery Office.
You may print, copy or download content provided always that:
- you acknowledge AF as the source
- all titles credits and URLs are included
- you comply with any legal notice contained in the content.
Please be mindful of information security and your intended audience.
Please note, you do not have permission to save or use any of the images published on this website outside of their intended use. Doing so will result in breach of copyright.
While we make every effort to keep our content up to date, we are not responsible for how the information is used, how it is interpreted or what reliance is placed on it. We do not provide any guarantees, conditions or warranties that the information will be:
- free from bugs or viruses
We do not publish advice. You should get professional or specialist advice before doing anything on the basis of our content.
We are not liable for any loss or damage that may come from using the content published on this website. This includes:
- any direct, indirect or consequential losses
- any loss or damage caused by civil wrongs (“tort”, including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise
- the use of this website and any websites that are linked to or from it
- the inability to use this website and any websites that are linked to or from it
This applies if the loss or damage was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you advised us that it might happen.
This includes (but is not limited to) the loss of your:
- income or revenue
- salary, benefits or other payments
- profits or contracts
- anticipated savings
- goodwill or reputation
- tangible property
- intangible property, including loss, corruption or damage to data or any computer system
- wasted management or office time
Security, viruses and hacking
This website uses security measures to protect the material we control from loss, misuse and alteration. However, we do not accept responsibility for any alteration or manipulation of our data once these have been released on the website.
You must make sure that the way you use this website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference that can damage your computer system. We are not responsible for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that might happen when you use this website.
When using this website, you must not introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not try to gain unauthorised access to this website, the server on which it is stored or any server, computer or database connected to it.
You must not attack this website in any way. This includes denial-of-service attacks. We will report any attacks or attempts to gain unauthorised access to this website to the relevant law enforcement authorities and share information about you with them.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute you have that relates to these terms and conditions, or your use of this website (whether it be contractual or non-contractual), will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
We are not liable if we fail to comply with these terms and conditions because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
We might decide not to exercise or enforce any right available to us under these terms and conditions. We can always decide to exercise or enforce that right at a later date. Doing this once will not mean we automatically waive the right on any other occasion.
If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions will still apply.
Changes to terms and conditions
Please check these terms and conditions regularly as they may change at any time without notice.