National: Senior Statistical Officer (SStO) across the Government Statistical Service (GSS)
- Reference number
- Senior Statistical Officer (SStO), which is equivalent to a specialist Senior Executive Officer (SEO)
- Role type
- Fixed term, Permanent
- Closing date
- 8 Nov 2022
- £34,090 to £42,480
- Aberystwyth, Andover, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Coventry, Croydon, Darlington, Fareham, Glasgow, High Wycombe, Leeds, Liverpool, Llandudno, Manchester, Merthyr Tydfil, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Newport, Pontypridd, Portsmouth, Reading, Sheffield, Stratford, Swansea, Wolverhampton, York
- Open to
- Government Statistical Service
Do you have the passion, values and ability to make a real difference to solving the UK’s biggest issues?
Now is an exciting time to join the Government Statistical Group (GSG) as a professional statistician.
The GSS collects, analyses and publishes official statistics. This information helps government, business, and the public understand the current state of the UK economy and society.
We are offering you the opportunity to work on high profile analysis and research across a range of government departments. You will work with energy and pace on analysis and research. This will involve using large administrative data sources.
You will be working at the centre of government, in roles that really make a difference. Your role could include:
- supporting the transport network and infrastructure to keep the UK on the move
- safeguarding our natural environment to help keep the rural economy thriving
- supporting immigration and passports, drugs policy, crime, fire, counter-terrorism and police
No other organisation can offer you the chance to be involved in the same breadth of work as the GSS.
Through this campaign you will join the Government Statistical Group (GSG). This is the Civil Service profession for Statisticians and Data Scientists.