Theory of Change (TOC) support workshops
- Open to
- Government analysts
- Training category
- Type of training
- Face to face, Online
- Analysis Function Evaluation Support Team
The Analysis Function Evaluation Support Team facilitate workshops to support departments to develop a TOC for programmes, projects, and strategy. You can find out more about TOC in our toolkit.
The workshops give an overview of TOC and cover the following topics:
- problem analysis
- approaches to developing TOC
- stakeholder engagement, understanding power dynamics and complexity
- participatory approaches, relevant tools, and techniques
- how to construct pathways and causal chains
- using the TOC framework
By the end of the course, you will:
- understand what TOC is, when to use it, and how it can support monitoring and evaluation
- feel confident communicating the strategic value of TOC
- understand how to develop a TOC for your programme
Who the workshops are for
Anyone responsible for projects, programmes, strategy development, monitoring and evaluation.
Who the workshops are run by
Workshops will be facilitated by Analysis Function Evaluation Support Team with TOC experts from other government departments.
How to attend
This training is available for groups of 6 to keep the workshops focused. Please contact the team at Evaluation.Support@Statistics.gov.uk to discuss your requirements.