Facilitators needed to support Fast Stream Action Learning Sets
Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to the Civil Service more widely than just your department? Are you passionate about developing yourself and others?
Would you be interested in supporting a multi-award winning, cross-government programme?
The Fast Stream and Emerging Talent (FSET) Team in the Cabinet Office are looking for facilitators to lead Action Learning Sets for new Fast Streamers joining in September and October 2021.
This will be an invaluable chance to support Fast Streamers in the early stages of the Fast Stream programme, in addition to enhancing and developing your own facilitation skills. Your ALS group will be a group of Fast Streamers from across a broad range of different schemes so it is an ideal opportunity to engage with colleagues beyond the statistical world.
What is an Action Learning Set?
An action learning set (ALS) comprises a group of professionals who work in a structured manner to solve work-related issues using powerful questioning techniques. In order for Fast Streamers to be successful in setting up an ALS, they need to be supported by a facilitator for the first three sessions. This will ensure they are confident of the types of questions to ask, and how to self manage an ALS.
What will I gain from being an ALS facilitator?
This is an exciting opportunity to go above and beyond in your corporate contribution by supporting Fast Streamers at the start of their journey. As an ALS facilitator, you will also develop your skills in coaching, listening, asking powerful questions, and building your cross governmental network.
What will I be doing?
The anticipated time commitment is 10 hours for existing Fast Stream ALS facilitators and 12 hours for those who are new to facilitating. This time includes:
- Engaging with the short training video and handbook you will be issued, which outlines the role and what is expected of you.
- New facilitators will need to attend one of the following training sessions in August (these are optional for existing facilitators):
- Friday 6 August 2021 (2pm to 3pm)
- Wednesday 11 August 2021 (2pm to 3pm)
- Thursday 19 August 2021 (10am to 11am)
- Hosting a 30-minute pre-meet with your ALS group to make introductions and outline online etiquette as well as facilitating three sessions over the course of the Fast Streamers’ first posting. Each session will be three hours and the first should be held around six to eight weeks after Base Camp. The timing of future ALS sessions will be decided by facilitators and their groups, according to availability.
Want to volunteer or find out more?
To express your interest, please complete the application survey.
Please contact Olivia Carr by emailing FaststreamBasecamp@CabinetOffice.gov.uk with any questions.
Applicants will be notified early June 2021.