Learning Curriculum: Experience
Experience is the knowledge or mastery of an activity or subject gained through involvement in or exposure to it.
This section of the Analysis Function (AF) Learning Curriculum is to provide you with opportunities to achieve or gain knowledge in a particular field which are relevant to developing in your career. You’ll find links to various programmes that aim to provide you with valuable experience that help you broaden your skills or aim for progression.
Most of the learning in the AF Learning Curriculum is free but any learning that does have a cost associated is indicated by a £ sign. We’ve also indicated where learning aligns to the 70:20:10 model.
- Keep up to date with Analysis Function career opportunities advertised on the careers area of this website.
- Government Operational Research Service (GORS) Induction Guide (70)
- MSc (Master’s degree) in Data Analytics for Government (10)
- Modules of the MSc in Data Analytics for Government (10)
- Analytical Volunteer Programme (70) – this is currently on hold due to the pressures of the pandemic on the volunteering sector, but will hopefully be up and running again soon.
- Volunteer with the Royal Statistical Society (70).
- Organise your own analytical volunteering by reaching out to charities you would be interested in working with – find more information on volunteering. (70).
- Systems Thinking Practitioner (MSc) Degree Apprenticeship (70:20:10)
- Digital Apprenticeship (currently unavailable) (70:20:10)
- Government Economic Service (GES) Apprenticeship (70:20:10)
- GSS Apprenticeships: Level 4 Data Analyst or Level 6 Data Science (70:20:10)