This is an exciting opportunity to join TfW as our Statistics Manager. You will provide statistical expertise for developing and publishing data relating to the new Wales National Travel Survey and for maintaining and updating the Wales Transport Strategy Monitoring Framework. Both of these are commitments set out in the Wales Transport Strategy.
The successful candidate will:
- update data published as part of the Wales Transport Strategy Monitoring Framework, in line with current or new methodologies – this will provide an evidence base to monitor the effectiveness of priorities and ambitions
- prepare supporting Technical Reports detailing the calculation methodology for each measure contained within the Wales Transport Strategy Monitoring Framework – this will ensure the data and calculation methodologies can be understood by a range of audiences
- provide support and guidance on representative survey sample sizes, sampling techniques and confidence intervals by applying specialist technical knowledge – this will help ensure survey data can be used to track changes against key TfW and Welsh Government targets and enhance our current evidence base
- provide technical input to procurement exercises for appointing external National Travel Survey delivery partners, by drafting and reviewing specification documents and taking part in tender evaluations – this will ensure that TfW appoints the best fit organisations
- support National Travel Survey development and piloting, by reviewing questions and using sound statistical and analytical approaches – this will ensure that the questions and data meet stakeholder and business needs
- design appropriate survey data management systems and data transfers in line with TfW policies and wider data management legislation, by working closely with the appointed National Travel Survey delivery partner – this will ensure data is managed safely and securely
- design a suite of statistical reporting tools for the annual publication of data from the National Travel Survey, considering best use of digital technology in analysis and presentation in line with the strategy for the UK statistical system (Statistics for the public good – UK Statistics Authority) – this will ensure comprehensive, reliable and accessible data is published
- produce the annual National Travel Survey statistics, data tables, headline reports and any other supporting information in line with the approved reporting systems and processes – this will ensure timely publication of high quality and accurate information in compliance with Office for Statistics Regulation requirements.
- review all National Travel Survey reporting processes and publications annually with stakeholders – this includes gathering feedback and enable systems to be continually updated and enhanced where appropriate to meet changing user needs