Statistics Adviser: Global Statistics
This is an exciting opportunity to join an agile and supportive team. There are two roles available immediately and similar roles are expected to be offered within the next 6 to 12 months. Candidates who demonstrate suitability at interview but are not appointed will be held in reserve for future opportunities across the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO).
The successful candidates will:
- work across FCDO, UK government and internationally to improve the availability and use of data and statistics that are fit-for-purpose, inclusive, and open
- develop strategies and approaches to data strengthening
- identify opportunities to develop and embed strategies within new ways of working
- take a leading role in relevant UK and international expert forums to develop and advance the global agenda, representing UK values and priorities
- lead coordination across government to share best practice and develop UK objectives on global data policy in-line with UK priorities and values
The post-holders will need to keep up to date with developments by following and contributing to the latest in international best practice. These posts open opportunities to network across the international statistics community, bringing technical expertise to influence partners and agendas.