Head of Analytical Data Science
- Reference number
- Grade 6
- Role type
- Closing date
- 3 Oct 2022
- £58,130 to £72,226 depending on location. There is also a £4,010 specialist allowance for badged Government Statistician Group (GSG) analysts, and a £8,280 allowance for badged Government Operational Research Service (GORS) analysts.
- Darlington, London
- Open to
- Department for International Trade
This is an exciting time to join the Department for International Trade (DIT) as we promote British trade and investment across the world. This is important work and is vital to UK prosperity.
The Analysis Group within DIT exists to make better policy and to ensure that policy has the biggest positive effect on the UK’s economy. We are here to ensure that Ministers and DIT’s leadership can make informed policy and operational decisions, based on the best possible analysis.
About the role
The Head of Analytical Data Science will lead on data science in the Analysis Group. They will report directly to the Chief Statistician.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing an analytical data science strategy. They will:
- work with senior colleagues to scope
- lead teams to provide internal consultancy to complete data science projects
- use advanced visualisation techniques, natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning to directly support trade, investment, and negotiations
This is a fantastic opportunity to use your data science skills to work on important projects and help develop the data science landscape within a young government department.
How to apply
Read the full job advert and apply on the Civil Service Jobs website.