Deputy Head of the Evaluation Unit
- Reference number
- Grade 7
- Closing date
- 4 Oct 2022
- East Kilbride, London, Milton Keynes
- Open to
- All Civil Service staff
- Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office
The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) pursues our national interests and projects the UK as a force for good in the world. We promote the interests of British citizens, safeguard the UK’s security, defend our values, reduce poverty, and work to solve global challenges with our international partners.
Evaluations play a crucial role in helping FCDO ensure value for money of Official Development Assistance (ODA). They help us identify what works, and what we can improve to make our programmes more effective.
This role supports the Head of the Evaluation Unit to lead a team of 10 staff, including specialist Evaluation Advisors and Programme Managers.
The Deputy Head of the Evaluation Unit will:
- lead on FCDO Evaluation Policy and Strategy
- oversee their implementation of the Evaluation Policy and Strategy – this includes monitoring the ongoing relevance to the organisation
- have an understanding of all Evaluation Unit workstreams – this is important because all Evaluation Unit workstreams contribute towards the outcomes of strategy
- directly implement specific workstreams
- work closely with members of the Evaluation Unit, as well as with others in Economics and Evaluation Directorate
- be able to form strong links with Evaluation Advisors across the cadre – this includes ensuring strong communication lines and buy-in on evaluation from other teams
How to apply
You can read the full job advert and apply on the Civil Service Jobs website.