Learning Curriculum: Strengths
Strengths are the things that we do regularly, do well and that motivate us.
This section of the Analysis Function (AF) Learning Curriculum provides opportunities for you to engage with talented colleagues from across government who excel in their work and learn from their skills and experiences.
Strengths learning can be achieved through many routes, including becoming a member of a peer group, attending AF events, job-shadowing or joining a mentoring scheme. There are around 17,000 members of the AF. We all excel in different ways and by sharing our time and experience can help develop strengths in others and ourselves.
Most of the learning in the AF Learning Curriculum is free but any learning that does have a cost associated is indicated by a £ sign. We’ve also indicated where learning aligns to the 70:20:10 model.
- AF Mutual Mentoring Programme – to register your interest in becoming a mentor or mentee, please email us at Analysis.Function@ons.gov.uk (20)
- Members of the Government Operational Research Service (GORS) can access the GORS mentoring scheme (20)
- Analysis Function Coffee Connect – email Analysis.Function@ons.gov.uk to network with a variety of other analysts across government
- Read the Data in government blog (70)
- Join the Government Data Science Community of Interest (20)
- Join the Data Science Slack group
- Join sub-groups such as the Natural Language Processing (NLP) channel on the Government Data Science Slack (20)
- Visit the GES members website – available to GES members only (70)
- Members of the Government Operational Research Service (GORS) can find out more about GORS events (20)
- Join the Government Statistical Service Slack group (20)
- Find out more about Operational Research Society events (20)
Champion networks aim to share best practice, improve awareness and create links across departments.
- GSS champion networks (while these networks focus mainly on issues related to government statistics, you do not have to be a government statistician to join)
- Reproducible Analytical Pipeline (RAP) champions
- Data linkage champions