Central Policy Secretariat for the UK Statistics Authority
The Central Policy Secretariat (CPS) is a division within the UK Statistics Authority.
- helps staff across the Government Statistical Service (GSS) to work together with senior leaders to achieve shared priorities.
- supports the governance of the UK statistical system, including the Authority Board, the top level GSS committees and the network of statistical Heads of Profession (HoPs)
- supports the National Statistician and the deputy National Statisticians.
- manages the National Statistics Leadership Team’s Private Office – you can email the office at National.Statistician@statistics.gov.uk
- manages the Parliamentary Unit which provides reports and advice on the statistical developments in Parliament and the devolved legislatures – you can email the Parliamentary Unit at Parliamentary.Unit@ons.gov.uk
- manages the EU Exit Programme which co-ordinates work on the impact of EU Exit on the statistical system – you can email the EU Exit Programme at EU.Exit@ons.gov.uk
- manages the International Team which co-ordinates international engagement across the GSS via an International Liaison Officer in each department – you can email them at International@statistics.gov.uk
- supports the organisation of the annual GSS Conference
- deals with a number of cross-cutting issues on statistical policy as they arise – for example, providing guidance on statistics during the pre-election and keeping the policy on publishing statistics on polling days up to date
- keeps an up to date list of HoPs
- organises quarterly meetings for all statistical HoPs – this includes a larger GSS leadership event each June
- provides a weekly email for HoPs that brings together all important communications
Please get in touch if you want to include anything in the weekly HoPs email, or have any ideas for HoPs sessions.