Learning Curriculum: Ability
Ability is the aptitude or potential to perform to the required standard.
This section of the Analysis Function (AF) Learning Curriculum includes guidance on the standards and expectations associated with different areas of work. We’ve included links to codes of practice, ethical guidance and other information that’ll help you understand what is expected of you and how you achieve that now.
Most of the learning in the AF Learning Curriculum is free but any learning that does have a cost associated is indicated by a £ sign. We’ve also indicated where learning aligns to the 70:20:10 model.
The AF Career Framework is designed to help you plan your career journey. It can be used by managers or individuals to support career conversations. By showcasing the depth and breadth of analytical roles across government, it can also help encourage people to consider a career in analysis.
- Analysis Function Standard (70)
- Data ethics framework (70)
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): an introduction (face to face) (10) (£)
- GDPR: an introduction (virtual) (10) (£)
- Geography harmonisation guide (70)
- Government Social Research (GSR) Ethical Assurance for Social Behavioural Research (70)
- HMT guidance document booklet – The Green Book (70)
- HMT guidance document booklet – The Magenta Book (70)
- Introducing The Code of Practice for Statistics (10)
- Linked identifier schemes: best practice guide (70)
- The Aqua Book: guidance on producing quality analysis for government (70)
- Quality Assurance of Code for Analysis and Research (70)