Cross-government housing and planning statistics work programmes
The housing and planning statistics work programme
The housing and planning statistics work programme documents how Government Statistical Service (GSS) statisticians are collaborating together to:
- improve coherence of housing, homelessness and planning statistics
- improve quality and coverage of existing statistics, including researching new data sources
- harmonise data definitions where there is a clear user need, while balancing costs and potential burdens
- improve the accessibility of housing, homelessness, and planning statistics
- to be inclusive and put you, the user, at the heart of the system by engaging to identify topics of interest from across the UK
We aim to publish a new work programme once a year, with ongoing initiatives carried over to the following year.
If you would like to find out more about the work we are doing across the housing and planning sphere, please visit our housing and homelessness webpage or contact us via the GSS.Housing@ons.gov.uk mailbox.
2020 to 2021 work programme
No work programme was published for 2020 to 2021, as resources were re-directed to enable the Government Statistical Service to support coronavirus-related analytical priorities.
Work on housing and planning statistics still continued over the period, though to slower timetables. To update users on progress, a blog on understanding the impact of the pandemic on housing and planning statistics was published on 17 February 2021.
This page was last updated on: Tuesday 14 December 2021