This is a past event. The webpage remains for information only.
Webinar: What makes a quality model?
- 2nd March 2022 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm
The National Audit Office (NAO) and Government Actuary’s Department (GAD) are holding a joint webinar to discuss what makes a quality model. The webinar will cover:
- the findings of the NAO’s Modelling in Government study
- the NAO’s Framework to review models document that provides a structured approach that government departments can use to review their own models
- an example of the NAO’s model assurance outputs, including how we measure uncertainty in the estimates
- an external perspective from the Department for Education’s Student Finance Modelling team
- how GAD can help to build more robust models, and provide quality assurance on models built by departments and third parties