Best practice in data visualisation accessibility
- 29th November 2023 12:00 pm to 12:30 pm
Attendance at this event will count towards your 7 hours of data learning as part of One Big Thing.
This event is part of the Data Science Community Showcase.
Find out how the Delivery and Impact team and the Analysis Standards and Pipelines (ASAP) team worked together to support best practice for data visualisation. By working together to build the af_colours Python and R packages, the two teams implemented the RAP ways of working that they promote and made it easy for developers to implement best practice in data visualisation accessibility. The package itself supports analysts who create data visualisations, by integrating best practice advice for accessibility directly into their coding platform. The presenters will talk through the development process as well as demonstrating the tool and taking questions.
The presenters for this session are:
- Sean Snee from the Delivery and Impact team
- Giselle Rosetta from the ASAP team
Who this event is for
This event is great for:
- data scientists and data engineers interested in package development
- analysts and data scientists who produce data visualisations in Python, R, or both languages
How to attend
You can register to attend this online event on Eventbrite. You will need to register using your public sector email account.